On this final day of our Thankful Week, we want to be sure we leave you with a lasting feeling of gratitude and the inspiration you need to get ready to record your Thanksgiving holiday as well as what you are most thankful for. Today, design team member Jess Forster is with us to not only to share a gorgeous new pocket page spread, but to give us a list of Thanksgiving photo ideas that you’ll be excited to record in your albums this year!
With just a week away from Thanksgiving and the start of the holiday season, it is easy to get overwhelmed with everything to do! As a memory keeper you maybe feeling the pressure to capture those holiday details. Not to worry, friends! In this post, I am going to share with you some photos ideas for capturing your Thanksgiving celebrations with a recent pocket page layout I created using the October 2019 Kit, Holiday Puffy and Thankful Stickers. Have a look!
In this double page, 6″ x 12″ page protector I documented our Canadian Thanksgiving celebrations that happened in October. I included a variety of 3″ x 4″ photos and paired them with orange and black 3″ x 4″ journaling tags. For the title card, I used the two-toned 4″ x 6″ tag from the October Kit and paired it with the “together” sticker from the Happy Moments Puffy Stickers. I also used the “Count Your Blessings” and “Turkey Time” labels from the Holiday Puffy Stickers to add layers to the 3″ x 4″ tag. I loved the sayings on these, as they captured the feeling of Thanksgiving, which for me, is all about being together and being grateful.
In terms of documenting your Thanksgiving celebration, consider snapping a few of these photo ideas from left to right, as seen above, starting in the middle row:
- A picture of yourself | Yes, you! Chances are if you are reading this blog post you are a scrapbooker / family memory preserver / or the person behind the camera. Don’t forget to snap a quick selfie of you before the day is done!
- Fall Leaves | If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, the leaves are incredible beautiful this time of year. Don’t hesitate to go outside and sneak pictures of what fall looks like to you!
- Desserts / Table Dressing / Decor | Both my mom and my mother in law spend a lot of time “dressing up the holiday table”. I love to snap a picture of someone’s hard work. And they like it too!
- Your Holiday Feast In Action | Using my camera’s timer, I stood my phone up and took a variety of pictures, including those “in the moment” shots to visually tell the story.
- Your meal | Show me what you are eating! Is your family a turkey family or do you like chicken? I love when my mom cooks a fancy meal. Snapping a picture of the meal on the “good china” helps me to scrapbook with my senses.
- Loved Ones | Don’t forget to take a picture of the people that you love!
Wishing you much love and gratitude this Thanksgiving holiday season! Thanks for reading!