Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away; which means Christmas is not far behind! That also means it’s the perfect time of year for family photos!
Here are a few helpful tips to remember:
– start with the group shots first. Kids are most likely to be happier at the beginning of the photo shoot.
– bring small snacks. Yes, bribe them! It’s okay in this situation; I promise. 😉
– if at all possible make your appointment towards evening when the glow of the day is at it’s peak.
– choose a location that best represents your family. Urban, rural, what fits you best?
– bring patience! Kids big or small have their moments and in the end it’s best just to roll with it; because more often than not the “out takes” may quickly become your favorite shot of the day.
– when the kids do get to that restless stage; let them choose a pose and tell them to give you their best silly face. It’s usually followed by giggles. High fives work great too! Espeically with little ones.
Patience & encouragement, oh and sweet tarts. Those are the key to a successful shoot. (Okay, maybe not totally but they do help. LOL!) Now, let’s get a head start on some Christmas goodies! Use the photos on your cards & tags to perfectly personalize your gifts this year!I combined my photos and the Good Cheer collection to add a handmade touch to a few of my gifts. Cut a 4×6 photo and stamp directly onto it for a unique gift tag! Happy Creating & Happy Holiday Season!