My name is Paige Evans and my very first job when I was 16 years old (10 years ago now – my how time flies!) was at a local scrapbooking store in Redmond, WA called Yesterdays. I’ve been hooked to scrapping ever since! Sometimes I think about what my life would be like now if I hadn’t walked in and asked for an application (which they didn’t have, they just took my phone number!) because so much of my life has revolved around scrapbooking since then… I work full-time from home for Northridge Publishing – we publish the magazines Scrapbook Trends/CARDS/Simply Handmade/Bead Trends/Cricut/Create: Idea Books, and I also have the fun and amazing job of the American Crafts Blog Hostess/Design Team Coordinator. Aside from scrapbooking I love spending time with my husband of five years, Chris, playing with our son Fox, growing a baby girl named Jane (due in July), and entertaining our menagerie which consists of a dog, cat, rabbit, and chinchilla. I love to create on a daily basis and enjoy dabbling in everything from fine arts (painting, drawing, printmaking, etc.), to bookbinding, photography, graphic design, and more! Check out my blog, twitter, and pinterest!
Here’s how this layout came together:
1. Stitch a grid (3 vertical and 3 horizontal) lines using brown thread across an aqua cardstock background.
2. Drop black paint across the layout and let it dry.
3. Die cut a large postage stamp background using a Silhouette Cameo, set it on the layout, and spray aqua mist over the papers.
4. Remove the postage stamp background and start filling in the grid with mini pictures and Elle’s Studio Layered Number Cut Outs.
5. Punch star confetti from the sides, back them with yellow cardstock, and continue embellishing with little elements cut out from tags until the layout is complete!
And here are some detail shots:
Our Make It Sunday blog series has been taken over by past members of our design team! We are so excited to see their work featured again, here at our site! Look for a different past design team member each week.