Hi, I’m Valerie Allen and am happy to share a layout for Make It Sunday! I have been married ten years and we have a six year old son and three year old daughter. We live in Phoenix, Arizona, and enjoy all kinds of outdoor activities. This year I have started using Project Life, and love to make cards and altered items.
This layout was definitely inspired by leap day. I just had to record a day that comes but every four years…even though we didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. Triangles/chevron pattern has been such a popular trend this spring. I saw on Pinterest an easy technique to apply them to scrapbooking.
Here’s how this layout came together:
1. For the base of this page I used Lily Bee’s Whiteboard Memorandum Paper and various scraps for the triangles. I took my EK Tools square punch and punched several types of patterned paper. I then cut those squares in half. I eyed where I wanted to place them, and adhered them one row at a time.
2. I used a Elle’s Studio Collected Large Journaling Tag to use as the base for my title. I applied some yellow paint before adhering the lettering.
3. I then added one of the Elle’s Studio Lil’ Snippets: This Week – Yellow to the the top of the large journaling tag.
4. For the right corner, I trimmed down one of the Elle’s Studio 2012 4×3 Vintage Calendar Tags and circled leap day on the calender.
5. Three photos from the day were placed horizontally across the page. I then took the highlights tag from the Elle’s Studio Make A List 3 x 4 Tags and cut it into three sections. This is where I journaled about each one of the photographs. Underneath the third tag, I layered one of the Elle’s Studio Pennants – Bright and Vintage
6. Lastly, I scattered four buttons on the layout.
In the past, I had really focused on scrapbooking more of the “special” days and moments. I have to say, it can be just as fun to get a regular day recorded!