Today I get to share with you how I put together one of my favorite layouts with our brand new, and my all-time favorite kit: A Love Story!
There is so much I love about this layout – I love how simple, yet colorful this layout is. I love how the photo captures a great moment and expression of my nephew and how the journaling is short and sweet. It was such a fun layout to put together… and the best part?! I was able to use up some scraps I had laying around – I LOVE when that happens!
Here’s how this layout came together:
1. I started with the cream 12×12 paper that came in our kit and cut it down the middle, a little off center.
2. Gather all your scraps – mine where all 12 inches tall and came from extras I had off of other layouts I had made with our kit, but if you don’t have 12 inch tall ones you could easily layer scraps together to make them 12 inches tall!
3. Start by laying and gluing your scraps onto the left half of your cream paper, letting a little of the cream paper show. I glued them on each a little crooked, having some stick up at the top higher than others.
4. When you’re done gluing on all your strips, you’ll want to glue the other piece of cream paper on. This is where it gets tricky! Since I wanted to keep the layout true to 12 x 12, I stood the layout up on it’s side, and found where the two pieces of cream paper would go together – then, glued the final piece of cream paper on top of all the layers, at the point where they would come together. This gives the layers a really fun look and if you notice at the top, you’ll be able to see some of the layers behind the final cream piece.
5. Now, all that’s left to do is add your title down the side, and add your journaling and date tag (all from our kit) ! I couldn’t help but cut a couple hearts out 🙂 Even though he’s a boy, I think I can get away with these 🙂
Prize: January 29th