The Baby Project – Part One

I’m so excited to be able to start sharing this huge project with you! I’ll be sharing it in 4 parts over the next week or two 🙂

As most of you know, I’m going to be an auntie very, VERY soon! This is the first baby for our family so we are extremely excited 🙂 My sister loves to scrapbook, but doesn’t really have enough time to fully devote herself to making an entire scrapbook. After she finished her wedding album, she decided that other albums she made would be made a lot simpler, but she really, REALLY wanted a baby book.

So, I decided to make her a book! I wanted to give her the book before he was born, have her do the journaling so it’s even more special for her baby, and make it super easy to complete so she can devote all her time to her new baby!

Her final book contains: Pages of her belly growing, nursery shopping and decorating, pages of her showers with the gift lists tucked in, hospital page, meeting the family page with photo spots, and, of course, a page for every month for his first year!

And, here’s a peek inside! This is the first page, for the month pages. I suggested journaling the day and time he was born, plus his weight and height, on the card. You can click on each photo to view it larger.
Month one:
Month two:
Month three:
Month four:
The book is made so she will be putting the photos in – the large colored squares of cardstock will be mostly covered by an 8 x 10 inch photo. The photo will tuck under all the embellishments!

It was so, SO much fun creating this and giving it to her was just as fun, too! She loved it!

More coming soon, along with a post on tips for how I did things and product suggestions. If you have any questions please let me know!
xo, Elle

Comments

1. vegetablog says

what a wonderful, lovely gift. I am sure that your sister will treasure this, especially for all the time and love you put into it!

2. What a beautiful book! Your sister must have been thrilled. It makes it even more special that it was from Auntie Elle!

3. NoraAnne says

Oh my gosh, this is just gorgeous! She is so lucky to have such a thoughtful, heartfelt gift that her and her baby will enjoy forever!
    I remember the excitement I felt when my first niece was born 8 years ago, such a special time!!! Enjoy every minute of it 🙂

4. Melanie says

This is stunning! Wow–I love all of the layering and cute embellishment clusters. What a special gift 🙂

5. What a great gift! I love all the clusters. So cute!

6. Daniela says

This is adorable!! I love all the little details.

7. Becky says

adorable! i love it!

8. CONGRATS Auntie Elle!!!!!! These are JUST AMAZING!! WOW WOW WOW!!! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

9. Amy says

This is absolutely precious. What a perfect gift!

10. Lovve it! Can you make one for me ;)(LOL) I’m having a girl next week!

11. leslie says

This is awesome I am due July 26 with a baby boy, I am a scrapbook addict but for some reason pregnant I am blank on baby book ideas, so I just bought one. I still “plan” to make one and this gives me a good place to start…

12. Oh my gosh – this is SOOO cute! I love all the embellishment clusters! Great job, Elle!

13. Love love love your baby album, You’ve inspired me to get going with my book for my son who’s not 14 months. Did you make the month cards yourself?

14. Kary says

Just beautiful! You do realize that you will now be on the hook to make wonderful albums for all subsequent children, don’t you? Be careful with the traditions you set with that First Baby–they can come back to haunt you!

15. Kary says

Very cute–you do realize that you are now on the hook to provide baby books for any subsequent children, don’t you?! Be careful of any traditions you start!