Today we have a super sweet card tutorial by Samantha! She makes making ruffled ribbon look super easy 🙂 We love it!
Let’s get started:
1. Gather up your supplies, you will need a ribbon that has a stitch running through it. I used a ribbon from Pebbles Inc.
2. On one end of your ribbon, pull a couple of inches of the stitch. I needed a pin to pull this stitch out.
3. Begin pulling the thread out. Make sure you don’t pull the entire thread out.
4. You will have a ruffled ribbon like this.
5. Cut a rub on doily in half.
6. Rub on to your card surface.
7. Affix your Elle’s Studio tags with a tiny bit of Helmar adhesive. You don’t need a lot since these are going to be stitched down with a machine. Keep the adhesive away from the edges, you don’t want it on your machine’s needle.
8. After stitching the tags down use a generous amount of Helmar 450 Quick Dry. Let it set for about a minute. Glue your ribbon down, I played with mine and made a figure 8-sort of.
9. One of the great things about this glue is that it does not set instantly , so you can play around with your ribbon a little to get the result you desire. Add buttons to the centers of the flowers.
10. Let your card dry for 20 minutes.
Tada! You’re finished and now you have a super sweet card to share with someone special! Love those ribbon ruffles, too! So much fun!!
Thanks so much for inspiring us today, Samantha! It is awesome!
P.S. Just wanted to thank you for the amazing response to the grab bags! Two-thirds have been sold, so if you’re still thinking of getting one… don’t delay!